Thursday, March 26, 2015

Charlie - misc. pictures

A few months ago, (it's really been a while, because it was when I was still Charlie's primary teacher at church, and I haven't been since October) we had a church lesson about each person having individual talents.  I asked the kids to draw a picture of their talent.  Charlie drew himself singing.  I thought it was pretty cute that he selected that as his talent.

 Charlie lost his first tooth right after Thanksgiving.  He had been waiting for this day foreeeeever.  His second tooth followed a couple weeks after, and he is working on tooth number three right now.  He reminds me often that his dentist "promised" it was coming out soon.
 Another first: first black eye.  We went to cousins' house, and there was a trampoline collision.  The pictures don't really do it justice, it was really impressive.
 At Thanksgiving, I did a church activity where all the children put feathers of what they were thankful for on Teddy the turkey, and we incorporated their thanks into a song.  Charlie's thankful feather was for "Jesus" and the creative spelling cracked me up.  He is still a fairly creative speller... but he gets pretty good scores on his spelling tests, so I'm not gonna worry about it.
 I don't know if this technically counts under the "Charlie" section, but maybe.  I am the "room parent" for his classroom, so kinda.  I did a little pinteresting, and found a cute idea for the Christmas card from Charlie's class to his sweet teacher.  I went in and got all the thumbprints.  Along with a gift card to a spa (the parents in the class were extremely generous), this is what she got as a Christmas present.  I was really proud of how it turned out.

 There was a 1 mile run at Charlie's school, and both the big kids participated.  (Most of the kids had, say, their parents running with them.  But Greg had to work, and I wasn't about to run around with a bunch of children who could school me.  So I cheered from the finish line.  Find out how that went in the post about Felicity.)  He did really well!  He was actually one of the first few to finish.  He isn't very competitive, something I am NOT really worried about fixing, and so to see him get so "eye of the tiger" was entertaining, and sweet.  He carried the medal around for three days and told everyone he met that he was in a race and he got a medal.
 We have lived in the area since I was pregnant with Charlie, and we had never once gone to the Mormon Battalion memorial museum, which is just a little drive from the house.  We do NOT know what took us so long!  It was amazingly fun.  Charlie got to dress up as a soldier, and the whole experience was fabulous.  My children were absolutely riveted.

No comments: