Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ice Skating

I have wanted to go ice skating forever.  Greg is never into it.  But on New Year's I suggested it, and he finally gave in.  He held Hannah while I took the kids onto the ice (I went once about 5 years ago, so it was only my second time), and it may not have been my best idea ever.  Two small people clinging to my legs while I tried to move around the rink as a novice myself was slightly terrifying.  But I got all the way around (I think the first circle took about 20 minutes) without any of us hitting the ice!  And then I changed our method.  I took one child at a time around the ice, holding both their hands, while the other watched with Greg and Hannah.  It worked well, and we actually had a great time.  
(Next time though, we are going to a rink that has the little PVC pipe walker things.)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

next time just throw them out there! SINK OR SWIM, SUCKAAAAAS!!!!!