Monday, September 23, 2013

Temple Square

We took a whirlwind trip to Utah.  I got tickets for the BYU-Utah rivalry football game for Greg for his birthday, but it happened to be over my birthday weekend, so we sort of celebrated both.  This is the first time we have gone to Utah as a family since Charlie was 4 months old, and I am not 100% sure, but I think it is the first trip we have taken as a family since that last Utah trip.  While it was a LOT of hours in the car for relatively few hours in Utah, we had a wonderful time.  We left on Thursday night so that one leg of the trip could be done while children slept, which was nice (but it was hard to miss out on sleep; we switched back and forth and then took a nice nap when we arrived Friday morning), and then we went to a family fun center (Boondocks, also known by my children as Boom-stock, which cracks me up and makes me think of a music festival) Friday afternoon for my birthday celebration, and got together with a few friends for a delightful gourmet Italian meal.

Saturday morning we woke up and went right off to Temple Square in SLC.  We thought Felicity's pants were in the car, I guess, so we all got in and headed out, and when we got there, she had no pants on, and no pants to be had.  Luckily, we were parked in the mall that is across the street from Temple Square, so we just ran up and got her a pair of pants.  (I had texted a friend laughing about Felicity's surprise nudity, and she said "Pantsless at Temple Square has maximum impact," and I had to agree.  Not sure that was the impact we were looking for.)  My sweet cousin met us at Temple Square, where we walked around and enjoyed the grounds for about an hour.  Then we went over and had lunch at the City Creek mall food court with some friends and their children, where the kids played happily for quite a while.

Lauren is a great photographer and got some lovely shots of the family.
(By the way, I know my shirt situation is weird.  The shirt I was wearing wasn't a maternity shirt, and it was still working for me for a while, but I guess I have gotten too pregnant to wear non-maternity shirts.  However, I can't see the bottom half of my bod anymore, unless I look in a full length mirror, which I avoid, or at a photo, which I avoided until now.)

She told Charlie to smile, and he did.  Then she complimented him and said he looked so handsome.  He made the next face pictured and said "I'm not handsome, I'm cool."
 My kids were terribly impressed with the Christus, and made some very sweet comments when I asked them about why we were visiting, why Jesus had marks in his hands and feet, etc.  Thank goodness they apparently listen occasionally.  =)
After lunch, we went over to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and enjoyed some birthday caramel apples.
It was a lovely visit to Temple Square!

3 comments:

Kiersten said...

We had lots of fun with you guys. Thanks for making time for us! Love that last pic of Felicity

tawnya said...

Yay! How fun!

Lauren said...

Still laughing about the no pants situation. At least her new pants were quite stylish!