Friday, September 13, 2013

Beuller?

Blogging has gone by the wayside during a very difficult pregnancy, combined with a pretty busy work schedule (and Greg's busy school schedule, basically rendering me a single mom), etc.  I am trying to decide if I should pick it back up.  I also have slowed down on reading blogs since the untimely death of google reader (I have a new reader that I like fine, but I just don't go to it like I did with google reader).  But I am getting back into the swing of things as the pregnancy winds down (my terrible sickness has improved a lot, but anemia and a couple of other minor complications have caused my energy level to be pretty pathetic), and I am trying to decide if I will pick up blogging again.  Does anyone read blogs after the death of the google reader?  Specifically, does anyone read MY blog?  I know some of my friends are still blogging, and I am still enjoying reading their blogs, and I plan to continue to do so, but if it is getting to be a thing of the past, maybe I should just drop it.  Help me decide, if anyone in cyberspace still reads blogs!  =)

Just in case my grandma is still reading my blog (hi grandma!), I put a couple posts of the littles on their first days of school below.  I have other things, and maybe I will get back into it now that our routine-free summer is over.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Good question! I'm not sure about the whole blogging thing either. I often think no one reads my blog and then someone mentions reading it and how much they enjoyed it. It seems like there are fewer regular readers now, but people check it sporadically or use it as a resource to look things up (recipes, links etc.) I also have a few people that read my blog by email. I have my previous year's posts printed in books and I feel like they have value as family history and/or journals. Do you put it on FB when you post on your blog? No answers, just lots of questions.

*Janae* said...

I still read yours! Sometimes I think no one reads mine either, but I'm at the point where I don't want everyone on FB reading things, but I can release some joys and frustrations into the universe to those that are close to me.
Hope you are feeling okay! I'm sorry it's been such a rough pregnancy.

Kiersten said...

I love your blog and keeping up with your family. Blogs are so much meatier than FB and, in my opinion, so much more enjoyable, especially when they bloggers are great writers! And I also think that even if no one else reads your blog (although I will!), it is such a great thing to have and to be able to look back on for you and your family.

Tristen said...

I read it too! But I understand the idea of quitting, I think about quitting often. I don't write for others to read, so much, anymore. I just write it because I want to have a record of my family and a blog is as easy a place to do it as anywhere. I would make it strictly private to just me but I do know that our Grandma's read it so I keep it public. I'm just so behind on it, I feel like the lamest blogger ever. But I keep on keeping on for the principle of it.

Nicole said...

haha.... this makes me laugh. I feel the same way. But realized that since I print mine into books, it's really all for me and not anyone else. I'm not a 'facebook or twitter' fan, I love reading blogs!