Sunday, May 26, 2013

Busy Busy

It feels like there has been lots going on around here.  But I'm not sure I really have that much to report... I just feel like things have been busy.  A few updates.

Greg started the bar prep course right away after graduation, and we expected it to sort of ramp up to the craziness for the bar (it is July 30-August 1, by the way), but that has not been how it has gone so far.  The website says something about the homework being 4-12 hours a night, and at the time I laughed.  What kind of range is that? But in any case, he is doing 12+ hours a day (including the classes), but generally gets home in time to say goodnight, so we get to see him most days.  I think we are feeling pretty confident so far.  He also got his grades back from last semester, and he had his best semester ever.  He got the top grade in the class in two of his classes, one of which was Estate Planning, which is one of the types of law he plans on practicing, so that seems pretty good.  He also made the Dean's list.

The kids and I went to Disneyland a few weeks ago for our last hurrah before our passes expired.  It was fun (we went with some friends) but I got thirty six phone calls for work that day.  THIRTY SIX.  Before 4pm (when my phone died, from so much call use).  It was insane.  Anyway, so I felt bad for the friends who were with us who had to keep going on without me while I took a call (or thirty); my kids don't really mind because they are used to my day being choppy due to work because it's just part of working from home (obviously it's a pretty serious perk that I can even do things like take my kids to Disneyland or wherever during the week), but that day was really sort of ridiculous.  Here we are, enjoying that last day!
I got a haircut.  I would have taken a better picture, but I didn't have a chance that day, and then the next day rained, so my cute hair didn't get to stretch to a second day, and I haven't been able to recreate it since, so this shot I took for my sister while at a red light is what we've got.  Thanks Andrea!
My Flissy turned three this month!  I will have further pictures and details about her birthday and her sweet face.  She is sort of my little shadow.  Always right on my heels and at my hip.  She is my little sunshine and I just love her to pieces.  More on her shortly.
My little guy just finished 100 days of preschool, and his 100 day project needed a collection of something.  We tossed around a few ideas, and his freckles are what we decided on.  I was happy because I love his freckles, and I know eventually they won't necessarily be his favorite things, so we got 'em while he still doesn't mind them.
One of his best buddies moved away (his daddy also graduated from law school, and they went back to Colorado to study for and take the Colorado bar).  Here are the two friends on Ollie's last day.  And I went to a seminar a few weeks back for work, and they gave out magnifying glasses for the favor.  Best day of my little guy's life.

Greg took Charlie to the Father-Son campout.  I don't think anyone got much sleep, but it was the highlight of Charlie's year.

1 comment:

Amalthea said...

I always love when Father/Sons comes around.... Coco can't talk about anything else all week. Love it!