Saturday, December 29, 2012

Family Pictures

 Taken in September 2012.




Every year (for the past three, since Greg's been in school) things get so crazy toward Christmastime.  Greg is gone, gone, gone, and there is little time to get our family pictures done, and then get them back from the photographer (this year our ever-talented friend Kristin, who has done them many times in the past), have my sister design us some cute cards, get them printed, and then mail them out to everyone.  This year I thought I would be on the ball and get the pictures done in September!  (Which was great, but then I felt like I had loads of time, so I haven't actually finished sending all of them out this year...)


Getting our pictures done was a comedy of errors though.  We did them up in Temecula, so since we were going to be up there, I met up with a girlfriend for lunch.  We don't get to get together very often, and we very frequently have all four of our children (two each) with us when we see each other.  This time, we left our kids with their grandmas, and so we ended up just chatting for hours.  It was great, but I was gone during Felicity's naptime, and she didn't take one.  So, we knew we would have a wretchedly cranky girl on our hands, but we thought we would still get some cute pictures.  We drove over to old town Temecula and parked, and looked back, and Felicity had fallen asleep.  So, we decided to get a few of Charlie first, and then try and get some with Felicity while she was still semi-asleep.  Charlie hops out of the car, and immediately bends down and fiddles with a sprinkler in the planter.  He breaks the sprinkler off (sorry, City of Temecula) and completely drenches himself with muddy water.  We now have one muddy child, and one sleeping child.
Our photographer wasn't quite there yet, and when she got there, we took some pictures where you couldn't see the mud as well (the one where he is sitting with his back to the wall and you can't see the front of his shirt was the first picture she took) so he had a little time to dry off.  That's just how things started off.  Then we woke Felicity up.  She was as cranky as possible, in several of the pictures she was pouting.  Off in the corner as we were trying to take a picture, pouting.  This is so typical of my little monkey girl.  She doesn't care what anyone else is doing, she just cares how she feels about it.

Anyway, as you can see from above, we got plenty of nice pictures (that's the good thing about having her take pictures pretty much constantly for 90 minutes... something has to turn out), but also some pretty comical ones, so, for your entertainment, here are some of the gems.
I actually loathe photos of us kissing... not because I don't love my boy, but just because I feel so awkward while taking them, and I feel like the awkward comes across in the picture.  (Our wedding photographer told us we were the worst kissers she'd ever seen.)  But really, it's just in public (and for a camera) that I find it weird.  Anyway, I included this one even though I don't love it because Charlie's face is too funny.
(I should also say that when she said we were the worst kissers she'd ever seen, that was before 19 Kids and Counting was on television, where the first kiss ever of the oldest child and his bride was aired.  That was sickening.)

7 comments:

tawnya said...

Um...the outtakes are my favorite. I would give you BIG brownie points should I receive one of those in the mail. I'm all about the real! ;)

Rachel said...

We try to be also. We sent out a card with multiple pictures, and included several out takes. No sense in looking out together when we aren't. ;)

tawnya said...

The one where Felicity is hiding (where is that? Old Poway Park?) is my favorite.

Rachel said...

It's Old Town Temecula. We do it at Old Poway Park every other year or so, and somewhere in Temecula/Murrieta the other years. Just depends on if friends from here or there are doing the pictures.
PS, my previous comment was supposed to say "all together" not out together. We look out together, pretty much.
PS2, the Christmas card we sent is a couple of posts down. You may now distribute my brownie points. ;)

tawnya said...

Consider them given! ;)

Jessica said...

I love the one of Felicity pouting against the building and the rest of you were all beautifully posed. Priceless!!

Stacy said...

aliens attempting to suck each others' brains out.