Thursday, October 25, 2012

sigh...

 We went to a birthday party the other day, and the parting gift was a goldfish.
 Once at the fair, my sister said we should let the kids play one of the games where you can win a goldfish, and I said absolutely not.  She said "why, it will die in a couple days anyway."  That was the point.  I knew the fish would die.  I didn't feel like taking my kids through the drama.

Anyway, we got this fish.  Charlie named it Felicity.

It lasted less than 24 hours.

Sigh.

Charlie has asked me a couple of times when Jesus is sending his fish back, all better.  We're working through the stages.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

BAHAHAHAHHA. I am laughing not only at this story, but also at lissy's face in the first photo.

*HoLLy and AdAm TOwNeR* said...

A fun gift that doesn't last long. Maybe they will forget about the fish in a few days.

Megan and Jonny said...

Seth found a teddy bear caterpillar, took it inside and adopted it. He also named it after his little sister (interesting). But unfortunately Catherine the Caterpillar didn't stay in the middle of the floor where Seth left her and is now lost somewhere in my house. Very traumatic. I feel your pain.

Kristin said...

hahahaha! oh my gosh! soooo funny!