Saturday, August 25, 2012

10 years!

We went to Greg's 10 year High School Reunion a last weekend.  What a trip.  High school.  Man, oh man.

We were both really excited to go because (a) since we went to the same high school, we have a lot of the same friends and I was excited to see some people whom I hadn't seen in years, (b) Greg is generally easy going enough to be excited about things I am excited about, and, (c) we like to go to parties where there is dancing.

We had a good time.  It was a two day event, with the fancy dinner on Friday night.  Actually, that part was sort of ridiculous.  The dinner was from 5 until 9pm on Friday night.  What person can get to an event at 5pm on a Friday?  Anyway.  Greg got off work early, so we were only a little late.  We greeted the person who was checking people in, who was a friend of both of ours.  Once we walked away from the table, we surveyed the room, and just looked at each other... we peaked at the door.  We knew almost no one else!  Haha.  We didn't get the memo that it was just the beautiful people at that part of the reunion.  But, we knew a few people, and as more people started arriving, we knew more and more.

Did you know my husband is terrible with names?  Terrible.  He recognizes people though (I am great with names, but less good at faces.  Between the two of us, we are actually a crack team) so he was looking around saying "I know that person" but he didn't know anyone's names, so we were trying to gather intel from others.  Anyway, there was one girl whom he recognized as someone who was really nice, but they kept making awkward eye contact, and he didn't remember her name... anyway, somehow we finally connected and we had a great time with her and her husband (her name was Nichole).  They have two kids, so we talked kids, and high school, and the weirdness of being there.  It was fun making a new (to me) friend, and seeing a few old ones.

The next day was the family picnic, and we knew that a few of our friends (mostly my friends who were in band) were going to be there, and it did not disappoint.  Some of them we haven't seen since graduation.  I thought it wouldn't be that interesting to see people what with facebook keeping us all apprised on everyone's lives, but it was great to see people for real.  And we broke into the band room and the choir room just for a little reminder of where all the magic happened (Greg and I sort of met in choir.  It's a long story.) which was fun.

Summation: the beautiful people are still the beautiful people.  They still ignore the underlings.  But, I am pretty sure they have way less fun than us underlings.  ;-)
(Also, I am undecided if we will go to mine, which is next year.  The beautiful people ignoring us at this one was sort of comical, but I think it might be just painful when it is the same girls that ignored me when I was in high school.)


Here we are then, Greg's senior year, and now, at the reunion.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

You're brave. Ain't no way I was getting anywhere near my 10 year reunion. Or my husband's. It just sounds painful :)