Monday, June 4, 2012

Lookie what I made

Many months ago I got these cute little doll furniture pieces at a thrift store.  I was going to fix them up and give them to sister for Christmas, but it didn't happen.  So, I finally got around to it a couple days before her birthday party.

This was attached to the bottom of the high chair.  I tried to use it to determine when the thing was made, but the language on these warnings pretty much hasn't changed since the 1920's.  I am guessing it is from the 70's just based on the fabric.  I am guessing that it if it was old or valuable, it would have been on antique roadshow instead of at Salvation Army, so I am glad it isn't too old.

I spray painted it white, added some quilt batting to cushion the dolly's bottom, and threw on some bright fabric.  Flissy's babies just love their new digs. (By the way, lest you think I am too awesome, be aware that this was 100% a hot glue gun job.  I still don't know how to sew.  The ruffle on the high chair was not how I wanted it, but maybe someday I will learn to be crafty and do it right.)

2 comments:

*Janae* said...

Good job!

Kirsten said...

So cute and crafty! I'm sure she loves playing with those!