Monday, June 11, 2012

Daddy comes marching home.

As you may know, our favorite guy headed out to Mississippi for a summer sales job.  He called me last night and let me know that after crunching the numbers and discussing with a bunch of the guys, he didn't think it would be worth it to stay for the second half of the four month job (he has been out for just over 8 weeks at this point) and that he would be coming home.

He did a great job and worked really hard, but these things are high risk, high reward, and the projected reward at this point just wasn't incentive enough to keep us separated for the second half of it.  I think it was a good experience in general, but I am definitely glad it is over.  He should be back sometime tomorrow, depending on his sleeping set up tonight.

Anyway, we are looking forward to being four again.  And I thought my blog readers would be interested.  =)

10 comments:

Burnett Family said...

Yay! So glad you get your hubby back and the kids get daddy back. That is great news! Ps. I am going to add you to my blog list :)

tierrafiona said...

I'm so excited for your family! Enjoy!!!

Amanda said...

Dear Greg, don't forget to pick up some flowers on the way home. Your wife deserves them.

Austin and Jennifer said...

Yay!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!

Kirsten said...

Such great news! So happy for you that you don't have to separated/in single mom status any longer!

Tristen said...

Oh my gosh! I hadn't heard! It makes sense to me. He was doing so well, but your opportunity costs are very high (the separation, missing out on kids events, etc...) and it sounds like you guys made a logical decision. Glad you guys will be together again soon! Hooray!!!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Rachel, If he is still interested in selling- Paul has an office here in San Diego. He would be able to be home with you all but still work and hopefully make that great $ (high reward). But I know it's tough. Just wanted to give you the option if you were interested.

Enjoy your homecoming!

Kristin said...

just in time for father's day! yay!

Melanie said...

I am happy your family will spend the rest of the summer together!! Yeah!

dannynstephstoddart said...

Lucky you.... I'm sure your kiddos are stoked... It's hard to "daddy off to sales" summer... I am hoping Danny finishes doing it fairly soon... I think I only have one more summer in me!