Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Choo Choo

Did you know that I can't swim?
It's true.  I can't.  I flunked out of several years of swim lessons until my parents retired me.
I hope not to pass on this problem to my children.  Therefore, I put Charlie in swim lessons last year.

He does not like swimming.


However, the other day we went swimming and Felicity lowered herself calmly into the deep end, and then "choo choo-ed" around the entire perimeter of the pool.  Then, she got out at the steps, and went back for a second time.

Maybe we aren't all lost causes?


(Charlie will resume swim lessons this summer.  There will be bribes.)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't swim either (I think we've discussed this). Truman thinks it's totally insane, although I'm pretty ok with it.

Come to think of it, these things could be genetic, my grandfather (who was in the navy) couldn't swim either.

Stacy said...

it's not just that i CAN'T swim, it's also that i do not like the water because it is scary and wet and generally cold and what if you can't actually see WHAT you are swiming with?!