Sunday, March 25, 2012

Adventures in Parenting

So, something happened to our girl's arm. I have to say I am not 100% sure what it was. She did fall down, but not very far. But we do have hard tile... anyway, I am not sure exactly what happened. But then she started sort of carrying her arm around like a broken wing. She didn't use it as a weapon against me when I washed her hair. Suspicious. She cried for quite a while, so I called nurse advice, and they recommended that I bring her in (Urgent Care was still open for about 45 more minutes, so we had to hurry down there). They thought it was the elbow pulled out of place, but that almost always is fixed by this little bending maneuver. They did that four times, and it wouldn't pop back into place. They actually said the words "your daughter has a lot of...skin." They aren't sure if they couldn't get it back into place because of all her "skin" or if it wasn't actually a dislocated elbow, but I am waiting to hear back. I'll keep you all posted.
In the meantime, I am sad for her suffering, but that little sling is making me happy.

5 comments:

*Janae* said...

Oh, poor Felicity! She does look cute in that sling, though.

The Bradley's said...

The tiny sling is absolutely adorable. Hope she get better quick.

Amalthea said...

Ha! I'm sorry I'm laughing--it's a sympathy laugh, because I know just how you feel... Coren's broken leg at 7 months; and Risa has decided to pop her arm out of its socket 1, 2, 3 times!!

SpencernAmy said...

Poor thing!

Lauren said...

a lot of skin! hahahaha. i feel like i should not be laughing at this, especially with that picture. I am pitying her, I promise.