Wednesday, February 8, 2012

October happened... a few months ago.

Generally when I am behind on blogging, I do one of two things: (1) skip whatever may have happened in the unblogged time, or (2) go ahead and post it with no comment. Mostly because I don't like apologizing for my blog, and think it is unnecessary when others apologize for theirs. I have had much consternation about my blog in the past, and one day I came to the realization that people are not forced to read my blog. Even my own mother rarely reads (she sees the real article pretty frequently, so she isn't really tempted by my pictures of my kids). So, if people don't like my blog, they are under no pressure to muscle through it. Anyway, as I said, I don't usually comment on my late or missing blog posts. However, I have some pictures from quite a while ago that a friend took, and I never got them from her until this weekend. But, I liked them, and they highlighted a favorite family tradition, so I am posting them. The reason I am commenting on the late arrival on these pictures is also two fold, (1) it is funny that I posted an old picture from October 2010, and then the very next post is also from October (2011 this time), and (2) because I thought a five month deviation from course was worthy of note.

So, if you actually spent the time reading my explanation for the fact that I don't need an explanation but I am giving one anyway, (I'm a complicated girl) you are now done, and may enjoy the photos from our family enjoying the annual Bates Nut Farm pumpkin retreat!


I didn't know at the time, but my girl was foreshadowing. To a time when all attempts to take a family/sibling/almost any picture would be met with this face.
She is very committed to her role.
We went with some lovely friends of ours. Greg goes to law school with Aaron, so his wife Melanie and I commiserate regularly, and our kids are similar in age (they have three) and play well together. If you ask Charlie who his best friend is, he will 99% of the time give you the same answer. It isn't Sadie, Ty, or Lincoln, the three kids. It is Aaron. In fact, he will usually inform you that they are actually best, BEST friends. My mom asked me the other day what the age difference between Charlie and Aaron was (she was assuming Aaron was one of the kids instead of the father.) She was a little flummoxed when I told her it was 27 years. Anyway, Sadie might not be his best BEST friend, but he is pretty fond of her.Also, for fun, and since we are wildly out of order anyway, here are the pictures we've taken the other years we have enjoyed Bates.

.........................................................2008....................................................................2009...........................................................2010........................................
....................................................................................................................(not a single picture of the three of us that year! I'm dying a little inside.)...................................................................................................

3 comments:

Kiersten said...

That's fun. We need to find a good pumpkin patch, because I'm always jealous of other people's cool pictures. The one we went to a couple of years ago had like three pumpkins in the field. Not super exciting. I love Felicity's faces.

Melanie said...

I have to admit, your explanation of why you don't usually explain made me laugh as much as the picture of Felicity!

The Bradley's said...

Love the pictures and the explanation and also felicitys commitment. Made me lol several times