Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven eleven

Sister bear is eighteen months!
Things about our girl:
~She has many nicknames around here. Fliss, Flissy, Lissy, and Sister are some favorites. But we just basically call her any number of sounds strung together and spoken in a sing-songy voice.
~She is very verbal. This includes her many words, her favorite being "MINE!" followed closely by "BITE!" Sometimes she puts them together in a demand for "MINE BITE MINE BITE" that is less than melodious. She also says mama, dada, pibaba (Pippa), bobbies (pacifier), that, cheese, please, waffle, thank you, trick or treat, grandma, Stacy, Minnie, uh oh, UP!, and a few others. She copies every single thing that Charlie says (or does) so sometimes it is hard to tell when she is copying and when she is communicating. Anyway, her verbal skills are not limited to speaking.... she also has a scream that could probably shatter crystal (if we had any crystal).
~She loves herself a snooze. At nap time we go in her room and I try and snuggle her for a minute but she points to the crib. She hops in and goes right to sleep. She usually wakes up happy, and is a morning person. (Charlie and I definitely don't have or understand that trait.)
~Her favorite people are primarily the men in her family: Charlie, daddy, and Grandpa Phil. Sometimes I remember fondly when I had to hold her 18 hours a day and wouldn't go to anyone else.
~She eats basically everything we put in front of her, unless she is offended by the person who is giving it to her, in which case she flings it across the room. (Pippa is fond of this habit.) She also doesn't require that her snack be an actual food item. She'll try anything that looks interesting. (Mommy is NOT fond of this habit. Or the food flinging one, come to think of it.)
~Nothing cracks her up more than my stern voice telling her no no. This makes discipline difficult. Both because she doesn't take me seriously and because her laughing at me makes me laugh.
~She likes to give prayers.
~She has the most darling red mullet. I am expecting (hoping for) the hair on the top of her head to start growing any time.
~She sings "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." Actually, someone else sings "Jesus wants me for a suuuuun" and she shouts "BEEEEEEEEM!

She is pretty boss. I like her.

3 comments:

Kaylin Britta said...

I love that you used the word boss. I like her too. My my she is growing up sooooo fast.

Lauren said...

i like her too. i wish she was here!

Kirsten said...

Love her.