Monday, February 28, 2011

Did I say there were no words?

Of course there are words. There are always words.

My three year old:

He is a light eater. Friends have hardly ever seen him eat at all, but when it is just our family at the dinner table with all electronics turned off and the lights out in all rooms except the dining room table, he actually does eat. But he doesn't have an enormous appetite. His favorite food is pasta. Any time a timer goes off he says "is the pasta ready?"

He adores his family. Each morning he wakes up and requests a grandparent (a different one each day) and also asks where his daddy is. When I tell him that daddy is at school he says "is he in the library with books?" He calls his sister "Lissy" and "Lissity" and is almost always nice to her. When she bothers him, he USUALLY tells me "Lissy is bothering me" instead of taking matters into his own hands. He is very concerned for her safety when she stands in the bathtub, and he encourages her to sit back down. He also loves his cousins, (including but not limited to) Avey, Co-ban, and Tenny, and his aunts and uncles.

He has a good memory for things I promise. If I say he can have something after his nap, he wakes up with the words on his lips. If I say he can do something when daddy gets home, he immediately gets going on it as daddy walks through the door.

He naps most days, and is a wreck of a human on the days that he doesn't so I think they are still hanging out for a while longer.

He goes to Miss Shauna's for a preschool/playgroup type thing every Tuesday. On Tuesday mornings when he wakes up I say "what day is it?" and he says "TUESDAY!!!!" He loves it.

He is like his daddy with his laid back temperament, and he gets his desire to stay up late and wake up late from his mother. He wakes up slightly grumpy and needs a few minutes of cuddling before he is ready to take on the day.

He is a serious musician. I know, I am totally biased, but he really does have a pretty good ear for tune and rhythm. He knows a ton of songs, mostly primary church songs, but also a fair amount of music from my ipod. He is a huge Glee fan, so I play it a lot for him. The other day Greg was making up words to the tune of "Teenage Dream" which I assume he knows from Glee, but Charlie corrected him and said "no, it says 'let you put your hands on me.'" (I better start censoring better I guess.)

He loves TV and movies. Since we cancelled cable, he doesn't get to see his favorite shows very often (Wubbzy and Yo Gabba Gabba) but thanks to Netflix he has recently taken up Word World, which he adores. He also likes playing games on my phone. If it were up to him, he would have 24 hours of "screen time" a day. (Don't worry, it's not.)

Okay, he wouldn't have a full 24 hours of television, because he is a boy who loves the park. He also likes running errands in general. I think his love of Target is surpassed only by my own love of Target. He likes the doctor's office, and tells me all the time things that he will tell Doctor Page when he sees him next.

In general, he is the most incredible three year old I know. I can't help feeling that way. Even when he bugs me (which, in the interest of preserving reality, is fairly often. Terrible threes is way worse than terrible twos).

2 comments:

Stacy said...

he also finds the land that aunt stacy lives in to be far and foreign. i <3 my little neph!!!

Kim W said...

He is such a cutey. Always has been. So nice to see a mommy that adores her boy. I love the terrible two's and the tyrannical three's. Fun stages of discovery.