Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I never want to forget...


*How he loves to say "please," "thank you," "you're welcome," "bless you!" and "it's okay/I'm okay" (when he gets hurt). He uses these polite words even when he is throwing a tantrum. A few days ago I was in the living room and he was in his bedroom and he heard me sneeze. He came RUNNING out and said "BLESS YOU MAMA!"
*How he gets me to pull up a video on youtube, and, when it ends, he clicks the mouse until a new one starts.
*How he says "turn it on!" when he wants the music turned up.
*How he hugs me and exclaims "Mommy, I missed you!" when we are apart for more than ten minutes. How he does this also for Daddy.
*The way his feet sound when he runs down the hallway looking for me after his nap/when he wakes up in the morning.
*How he calls his sister "Si-city."
*His love of "army men" (toy soldiers). (I would rather forget how Greg taught him to make shooting noises with them though. They used to just meet up for pleasant conversation, but now he knows the real fun. Thanks for that one, dear.) (Just kidding, Greg.)
*How he asks to read scriptures at bedtime. I am pretty sure he just wants to be certain he is going to get those extra ten minutes of being awake before he is sent to bed, but, hey, it still counts.
*How he wants to take pictures, or when I take them he wants to see how they turned out.
*How a few days ago when we were arriving home, Felicity was crying, so he ran into the house, found a pacifier, and popped it into her mouth.
*How he begs to hold my hand all the time at home (but refuses to hold it when we are in, say, a parking lot or crossing the street.)
*How he sings "happy birthday" and then blows out imaginary candles several times throughout the day.
*The way he washes his rubber duckies when he is in the bathtub and then requests a towel so he can wipe the water out of their eyes.


Two-and-a-half has its definite drawbacks, but the perks are fabulous.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

and how he says "aunt stissy."

The Bradley's said...

Awwwww Charlie. We love you!

Nicole said...

:) so cute. I agree..... the little tikes say and do the cutest things! Melt mama's heart right down to a puddle....

*HoLLy and AdAm TOwNeR* said...

What a cute kid you have! You must be a wonderful mommy =)

Marianne said...

Oh I love Charlie!!!

Angela Henderson said...

I love writing that stuff in a blog, because when you go back and read it again it all comes back. They change so fast when they are young.