Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby Showers!

The baby and I are very lucky because we got to have TWO baby showers! =) I have wonderful friends and who were all very generous, and with whom I had lots of fun at the parties! And for those who couldn't make it: you were missed!

The first shower was held at my parent's house in Murrieta. The food was delicious.
Check out those cute cookies! And there was this caramel dip that can't actually even be spoken of because it was too delicious for words. I must get the recipe and post it on here.


Charlie joined us towards the end, once he woke up from his nap.
Grandma Pat got Charlie a present so he wouldn't feel left out. =)Jessica, her wonderful mom Kathy, my sister, and my mom all did a fabulous job. Thanks, ladies! I had a great time!The second shower was at my friend Emily's house here in San Diego and was all ladies from church.
They put up little baby clothes with clothes pins as decor. Cute and useful, because then they packaged up all the clothes and sent them home with me!
Tiffany and Emily made this cute diaper cake.

The food was also fabulous here, and please note the darling cupcakes that one of the girls in my 12-13 year old church class made! She will start a bakery someday, I am sure. (Or will it be photography that she goes into?)
All the girls in the Young Women program (12-18 year old girls) made this ladybug quilt for me.
Thanks to everyone who participated in this shower as well, especially Emily and Tiffany, and all the many people who brought yummy treats! And thanks to ALL my wonderful and generous friends. Thanks, thanks, thanks! Can't say it enough!

2 comments:

The Bradley's said...

It was our pleasure! I can't wait for Felicity to make her debut!

Amanda said...

Aw, looks like a good time was had by all. I just posted a question about baby showers, I'd love your expert feedback. :) http://amandainlawschool.blogspot.com/2010/04/question-for-new-mommas.html