Monday, November 23, 2009

Some Thoughts

1) I wear contacts. I replace them at the beginning of each month, so I know that I am using them long enough to feel economical (they are the 2 week disposables) but not so long that they will cut my eye (I have had contacts cut my eye twice. One of the times I had to wear an eyepatch. I was super scurvy. But the kidlets that I babysat for thought I was awesome.) Anyway, when I lose a contact (happens when you are naughty and wear your contacts to sleep sometimes....) I used to throw both away and either wear glasses until the next time came to change them, or I would just put new ones in. A few years ago I decided to keep the contact that I didn't lose and just replace the lost contact, figuring that it would all even out eventually. My eyes have different prescriptions (dramatically different. My left eye is twice as blind as my right) so I have a different box for each eye, but, as I said, it would all even out eventually.
I have discovered that I have NEVER lost a left contact, but that I lose my right contacts all the time. My box of left contacts is significantly bigger than my box of right contacts. What causes this anomaly?

2) I am feeling much better in the pregnancy. I am around 15 weeks now, and I haven't thrown up in something like two weeks! And, I didn't go to bed before 9pm ONCE this weekend! Whoo!

3) This was my husband's big idea of the day. My sister was calling me all throughout and I was JUST as stressed as she was! And still, my husband gave me no inclination that he was going to do that. Naughty.

4) Poor Stanley was ousted from his home the other day when he spread his web across our door frame and some visitors came over and couldn't get in the house. I said "oh, just walk underneath, I will get him later." And they laughed and said "like we would." They stood outside while I rescued them from the spider. Two. Grown. Men. Whatever.
In any case, I brushed him down with a broom, thinking he would learn his lesson and be less forward with our doorway. But he took offense and has apparently taken up residence somewhere completely different. I sort of miss him. At least for showing Charlie everytime we walked in the door.

5) (a) We are getting a new Christmas tree this year! Our first tree (pictured here), which was $16 from Walmart, by the way, has served us well, but my mother got a monster tree this year and is hooking us up with her former tree. It's pre-lit. I am pleased.
5) (b) Um. Christmas is almost here. I am not ready.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

yay!!!! stanley is gone!!!

Chelsea & Scott said...

I have the same problem! I always lose my right contacts and both my eyes have different prescriptions. It's so annoying that I have too many for just one eye.