Sunday, October 4, 2009

HOORAY!

Spencer got his mission call!!!!
(Drum roll...)

He will be serving in Mexico City North, Mexico, and he enters the MTC on February 3rd. He is thrilled and we are all very excited for him!

Good job, Spencer!

His mission will be two years long. The first six weeks will be spent in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Utah, where he will get an immersion course in the Spanish language. Then, he will ship off to Mexico, where he will be serving the Lord 24/7, including talking with members of the church, going door to door to teach people who are interested, and doing service projects. He will write letters (and possibly email, if it is available in his area) and he gets to call home twice a year, Christmas and Mother's Day. Spencer won't be paid, in fact, he and my parents will pay for him to go. It will be a big sacrifice to him, and for all of us to say goodbye, but we are so proud of him.

4 comments:

*HoLLy and AdAm TOwNeR* said...

Very exciting! I can't believe my brother has already been out 6 months. He is serving in San Antonio, Texas.

Kirsten said...

Awesome! Mexico City is definitely not Kentucky! :)

The Bradley's said...

Wow Mexico City! I have been there and was advised to keep my wallet in my front pocket, so I pass this on to spencer.

Lacey said...

Yay!Congratulations SPENCER! That is really awesome!