Wednesday, October 21, 2009

FAQ

(Q) Is it true that you are pregnant?
(A) Yes.

(Q) When are you due/how far along are you?
(A) I am due May 14th and I am eleven-ish weeks along.

(Q) Why are you telling before you are twelve weeks?
(A) I threw up in my boss's office (in the trashcan, as delicately as possible) when I was about eight weeks along, and I had to announce the news to her (and to her boss, who was in the room at the time. It was during a meeting about Union Negotiations, so it was official business I interrupted) to avoid getting quarantined for swine flu. Then, I didn't like having my boss know and not my family, so we told our family. Since then there has been a sort of whisper campaign going, where people are hearing through the grapevine, which brings us to date.

(Q) Are you going to find out what you are having?
(A) Yes, probably sometime around Christmas.

(Q) Do you have a preference on boy or girl?
(A) Of course we would be happy with either one, although it seems like it would be easier to have another boy, since I already have all the clothes and stuff. But I don't know if that is a good enough reason. Greg has an uncle who says he is psychic, and he has predicted a girl, so there you go.

(Q) How do you feel?
(A) I think I said this in my first pregnancy, but the whole concept of "fine" takes on a different meaning when I am pregnant (and I think the same for a lot of others I know). In other words, I am avoiding the hospital or any other serious complications, so I am very blessed and lucky. But I feel sort of wretched. In addition to the unfortunate physical state of being pregnant, I feel extremely happy, eager, and excited.

(Q) Any weird cravings?
(A) Thus far, I haven't really wanted that much that I don't normally like. My desire for bagels and cream cheese has been perhaps more intense (I don't normally cry over cream cheese, but I do like it even when I am not pregnant). I drink Capri Sun like it is going out of style. I have found myself incredibly susceptible to TV advertising though. This brings Greg joy. It has made me avoid commercials at all costs.

(Q) Where do you plan on delivering?
(A) We had Kaiser with Charlie, and we don't anymore, so we will be trying out a new hospital. We will deliver at Pomerado Hospital.

(Q) What number grandchild will this be?
(A) For Greg's mom, this will be #2. For Greg's dad, #18. My parents, #5. Great-Grandma H, #5. Great-Grandma and Grandpa M, #10. This new baby will be coming into the world with lots of little friends.

(Q) Do you already have names picked out?
(A) No! I have a friend who is already sending me emails with name ideas as they come to her, and I encourage you all to join in. She says I ought to create a google document of ideas so people can add to it online. I do not know how to do this. Therefore, you have to give me your ideas organically.

(Q) What are you calling it in the meantime?
(A) Squirt, per my sister's naming ritual. When I was pregnant with Charlie, I think she called him tater tot before we knew he was Charlie.

14 comments:

Brittanie said...

Congrats! That is exciting news! I hope the first trimester goes smooth for you. I hated being sick!

Kim W said...

I am soooo excited for you guys. I do apologize soooo strongly for bringing it up in YW's. I love that we had that little joke together, but I didn't mean to ruin your big announcement. (open mouth, insert foot).

Megan and Jonny said...

Congratulations! You're a brave woman for doing the whole pregnancy-with-a-toddler thing. I hope that second trimester brings a magnificent wave of energy. And I cried over gravy, so cream cheese is perfectly acceptable.

Amanda said...

Congrats!!! I can't believe you guys are going to be parents x2!

Kiersten said...

Hooray! You have such cute babies (well, judging on the one that you now have). I'm sure that you will again be upping the world's adorable quotient, and for that we are all grateful.

Kristin said...

I heard Pomerado is good :) And I never understood the whole waiting until you're 12 weeks to announce anything. I know there's always a chance of miscairrage but it still is weird to me. I wish I could've kept hush hush for that long but the whole throwing up thing would've been hard to hide from my parents. Haha. If I had it my way I never would've told anyone! (Given my circumstances. Haha) Anyway, congrats!!!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Congratulations! I have so many friends due in May...must be a good month! So happy for you!

Veronica said...

YAY!!! Congratulations, this is very exciting news :)

Josh & Tiffanie White said...

Congrats!! Thats awesome!

I say another boy would be good too :) I want another boy already :0) but I'm waiting of course since mine is only 7 weeks :/

Stacy said...

more promotions!!!!!!! yaaaaay!!!

*HoLLy and AdAm TOwNeR* said...

Congrats!! =) A bagel with cream cheese sounds really good now. lol

Kirsten said...

Congratulations! We've already confirmed that you and Greg make adorable babies so I can't wait for another one!

Kayla said...

YAY!! Congrats... I'm excited for you guys!

Sel said...

Yayyyy. I still vote for a GoogleDoc.
Maybe you should name the baby GoogleDoc. Or iAshcraft.