Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend, full of fun and frolic.
On Saturday, I slept in, Greg hanging out with Charlie until I graced the world with my presence. Then, he said "be ready by noon" and at noon, Sara came and picked me up and we enjoyed a girls afternoon out! We hit the movie theatre (Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - very mediocre; some funny bits) and I got a massage while she enjoyed a facial.
I came home to these:

and a lovely clean house! I got a keeper of a husband!

That evening, Greg and I hit Murrieta where I partied with Jessi and Sel, where we proceeded to trash talk everyone we went to high school with (unless we love you, in which case, we discussed our love for you) until one am (Selina was going on 24 hours awake). I didn't get a picture, unfortunately, but next time. Loved seeing you girls!

While I was having fun, Greg was having a different kind of fun taking a practice LSAT. His score is up to 163 (ten points higher than March, so he is doing GREAT!). He is going to keep working on the score until he takes it June 6th. We are hoping for a 165 or round abouts.

We got home from Murrieta at about two am, and found Spencer watching SNL with Justin Timberlake hosting, so we watched a couple of highlights ("Secretly? He totally hit that.") and went to bed.

Sunday morning I got to sleep in AGAIN and have breakfast burritos in bed. Then church, which was a great meeting (despite Charlie's fussiness; once we got to church I thought "he feels a little hot" and when we got home his fever was 99.9, which is low grade, but he still was slightly miserable, poor guy). After church we hit up Greg's step mom and visited for a while. Then my aunt's house where my family and Greg's mom all met up for dinner.


Charlie was all about this little car.
Four generations, Grandma H., me and Charlie, and mom.Me and sister.Brookie and I.
I just love being a mommy, and Happy Mother's Day to all the other wonderful women in my life, mommies or otherwise!

Especially Happy Mother's Day to Mom, Pat, and Regina, the important mommies to me and Greg! We love you all!

3 comments:

Laynie said...

I hope you discussed your love for me when you were in Murrieta...;)

jessica said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Stacy said...

i have a squinty left eye. it is my mother's day eye.