Monday, April 27, 2009
I almost didn't post that I won something because I don't want to spread the knowledge that there are free books and thereby compete with more people to get the books, but since I love my friends so very much, I guess I will share the knowledge so perhaps they might get something good too. AND IF YOU WIN ANYTHING GOOD, YOU ARE HEREBY REQUIRED TO LEND IT TO ME.
YAY for free books!!!!
PS, If we still aren't friends on goodreads, add me!! I am still struggling with the friend-adding part of it.
PS2, If you aren't signed up for goodreads, you ought to.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Now he is eating cardboard. Better get back to it.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
He is 29 pounds (94th percentile), 32 inches tall (85th percentile), and his head is 49.5 cm (way off the charts). We are making the transition into size 2T/24 months. (Anyone have any hand me downs they are trying to get rid of?)Some things he is getting up to:
Conducting business over the phone.
Non pictured talents:
Digging around in his diaper as soon as I take it off to change it. We are working on this one.
Raising his hand when the rest of us do. It is really cute in church on Sunday when we sustain new callings. He gets into it.
On that note, mimicking whatever we do.
Words: mama, dada, bye bye, and dog are confirmed. Others are unclear.
Figured out that the TV has buttons that, when pushed, disturb the television situation. Revels in this fact. Enjoys all buttons.
Going to sleep IMMEDIATELY upon being put down at night. No crying. Life is so good. (Still occasionally wakes up once in the night and I bring him to bed with me and then he sleeps the rest of the night, but he is pretty much sleeping through the night now. I knew I was a human under all the exhaustion.)
Drinking cow's milk (doesn't love it, but we are working on it) and eating "people food".
Getting on and off of our bed, the couch, etc., and going up and down stairs. I am terrified that he is going to figure out how to climb out of the crib any moment.
2) Look for the upcoming "Look what I can do!" post about Charlie. The pictures won't upload here so it isn't coming until I get time at home (aka after Charlie and Greg are both asleep and the house is clean).
2.5) My internet at work is starting to bug me. My internet that I bring with me via network card isn't working, and the work internet is S-L-O-W so I can't upload ANYTHING. OR check my blog reader, which isn't working like it was anyway, so I am behind on all my blogs.
3) I joined goodreads a few weeks ago, as noted in the blog, and have struggled with adding friends (I add them, but then they don't show up on my friend list.) So sorry if you told me to add you and I failed.
4) My son is on a hunger strike. The kind where he won't allow me to feed him ANYTHING because he wants to feed HIMSELF! Except he lacks the small motor skills required to wield a spoon. We are good on fruits he can feed himself, and I can just steam veggies for him, right? That is healthy. But I am slightly lost on protein. Emily and my boss both suggested chicken nuggets, any other ideas?
5) Good job to our illustrious Enrichment leader who put together a fun craft last night. Now I want to copy her idea and print out the Proclamation to the World on cute and matchy paper. Maybe I can be a cute Mormon wife after all.....
6) My favorite sociopaths, the Duggers (of 18 Kids and Counting and this blog fame) are going to have their first grandchild! Oh, I just love them. As much as they concern me.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Greg woke up sick on Easter morning, so it was just Charlie and I off to church. He is embarrassed that I am kissing him in public.Or maybe he just likes to stick his tongue out.Blowing daddy kisses before we left.
I hope everyone had as wonderful an Easter as we did! (And Greg is feeling much better).
Monday, April 6, 2009
Another sibling skydiving. Still no better explanation than "like flying."
Sunday, April 5, 2009
1) Spencer went skydiving yesterday! Pictures to follow.
2) Conference was, as always, wonderful. Every six months is such great timing; I completely need the rejuvenation!
3) There was a penny in Charlie's diaper this morning. How can it be? I spend 98% of my time cleaning up all the little things on the floor he tries to eat, and the other 2% of my time taking the small things out of his mouth; how did I miss this?! In any case, thank heaven it passed without incident (and without serious medical bills; Greg once had a bankruptcy client whose child swallowed a quarter and it cost $170,000 in bills). Also, you can all thank heaven that I didn't take a photo of it and post it here.
4) I just signed up for Goodreads, which I am excited about, but now I have new places for my time to waste...
5) While on Goodreads, I discovered that NICK HORNBY IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW BOOK THIS YEAR! And, it comes out in September, just in time for my birthday, sweet husband!
6) Charlie is getting pretty serious about walking. He walked all over the place at Grandma H's.
7) Charlie had his one year doctor's visit on Friday. I loved his doctor (thanks for the recommendation!); he actually spent several minutes just TALKING to me about Charlie, parenthood, etc! His weight has slowed down - he is now only in the 94th percentile for weight at about 29 pounds. He is 84th percentile in height at 31 inches. And, the head size was off the chart. Haha, the large head runs in the family, thank Greg for that one (it is full of brains).
8) I promise to take some more pictures sometime soon and post them here.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
2) I don't like April Fool's Jokes (except for the one time right after we got married that I told my mom I was pregnant and it was really funny) and will not be playing any. My sister and I even entered into an April Fool's Day pact. "I solemnly swear to do no harm." However, Happy Birthday to Corey and Kendall, who are both great April Fool's Day gifts.
3) On facebook this morning "Barack Obama" added me as his cousin on a family relations application. Hmm.
4) This weekend we decided to rent a movie "on demand" (because we have a huge enormous fee at Hollywood we don't feel like paying...) and as we were scrolling through, I saw TONS of movies we wanted to rent. So, I subscribed to Netflix. And then couldn't find ANY movies we wanted to rent to put in our queue. Hmm. (I ended up finding everything we wanted to see by scrolling through on demand while on the website, but we are up for recommendations.)
5) Good luck to Kirsten. Here's hoping that LP won't play any April Fool's jokes.