Monday, March 2, 2009

Dr. Suess!


I love the icons google comes up with for the different holidays, and I love Dr. Seuss, so here is a merging of two fun things. Today Google celebrates Dr. Seuss's 95th birthday!
My favorite trivia about Dr. Seuss? This poem explains it all:
You're wrong as the deuce
And you shouldn't rejoice
If you're calling him Seuss.
He Pronounces it Soice.
He did, however, take a more American-ized pronunciation when the Seuss-rhymes-with-goose was a name he just couldn't shake.
In other news, Charlie took lots of steps yesterday! Just one or two at a time and then he would fall, and if we praised (or even took notice) he would immediately sit down, but hey, it is a step in the right direction (pun intended. There is no way to say that without a pun.) We happened to get it on video because I was making a video of him standing on my cell phone for my sister, but I am singing Old MacDonald at the top of my lungs to get him to hold still, so that video will not be aired.

3 comments:

Seth and Lacey said...

I have never heard that poem before--I thought it was pretty funny. Now I feel kind of retarded for calling him Suess and not the real way. lol

Life 4 Nae said...

I definitely did not know that Seuss is pronounced different! I am so un educated!
Yay for Charlie taking steps! :o)

Melanie said...

Evan is proud to share his birthday with Dr. Seuss! Thanks for reminding us!