Sunday, March 29, 2009

Charlie Update

It seems like it has been a long time since I have put up pictures of this little man...a lot of words lately...
Anyway, he has learned to open doors, officially. As you can see in the picture below, our door knobs are the long kind, not the type that are easily baby-proofed, so we are all now used to being walked in on... What fun.
Concerning my promotion, I basically just got a new title; they actually made a new one for me. I am now the "HR Supervisor." It includes a little pay increase, which is so tiny it is almost going to disappear into taxes, but the cool thing about it is that there is a wage freeze at my work, so the executive committee had to vote and approve my promotion. Which means they know who I am AND they like my work! =) I don't think it is really going to include a slew of new responsibilities, I think my bosses are just conceding that I have already taken on lots of new responsibilities, and this promotion will make them officially mine. But in any case, it is still a pat on the back and I am happy about it!
Charlie's cold is still sticking but we took him in and they prescribed him something, so we are hoping it will clear up soon. The doctor said "I don't want to concern you, but it does have a side effect - it might make him drowsy." We were like, "Uh, we love drowsy babies."
Finally, my blog reader isn't working, and if it doesn't start working again soon, I am going to be mad!!!

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

drowsy baby medicine - sign me up :) hope he gets feeling all better soon!
congrats on the promotion - its nice to be recognized especially if it is work you were already doing :)