Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Poor Little Man

Who has ideas for soothing teething? My poor little guy is in a lot of pain with his recent teething and I feel helpless. I cry when he cries, so there is just a lot of crying and not too much pain relief. (Actually, he hasn't even been crying too much, but he isn't his normal sunny self, so I can tell that he is hurting.) I have been doing Tylenol, but I guess I don't really know if it helps too much, and it is definitely not localized, so ideas are appreciated.


In other news, who else is SUPER EXCITED to do their taxes?!?!?!?!

I love taxes. (No sarcasm included. I seriously do love doing taxes.)

8 comments:

jsmithfamily said...

We used Oragel a lot. Also try Motrin/Ibuprofen. It was more effective with my kids than Tylenol. Good luck. Teething is such a bummer.

The Campbells... said...

Love taxes?? Oh I need you in my life haha. I've done ours myself since we've been married, but this year we have two states, five jobs, distribution of stocks...i yi yi...I hate taxes...haha. I have no experience with teething...but I hope your little fellow feels better soon!

Sel said...

Jack Daniels is supposed to be really good.

Tera said...

Me too! I can hardly wait for the W-2s to arrive every Jan. Actually this year I started even without our W-2s and other forms. I did some guestimating (which I will accurately change once the forms come). LOVE IT! I told Sean that I should get my tax preparers license so then I can other peoples taxes as well (and even get paid for it).

Stacy Lawrence said...

i'm excited to get my tax RETURN. it's the only good thing about being a full time student.

jessica said...

I can bear testimony of OraGel. That stuff works great and it doesn't take much. I caught Annie gnawing on the outside of the tube a few days ago and realize she needed what was inside. I feel your pain, she is teething 4 molars.

Paul & Ashley Giddings said...

Have you tried orajel? I have little Q-tip looking things that you just rub directly on the tooth and gums. Works for Brooklynn.

Kristin said...

Be careful with the orajel. My doctor told me its not good for their gums. But that was also a decade ago. I used the magic pills (hylands teething tablets). Worked for Hayley but every kid is different. Have you thought of rubbing some rum on his gums? haha. That'll knock him right out. I'm totally kidding.