Friday, September 12, 2008

Roald Dahl Day!!

Hooray! It is Roald Dahl Day!!! (Said sing-songy, to get the rhyme in there).Roald Dahl, one of my favorite authors ever, was born on September 13, 1916. That makes today ROALD DAHL DAY!!! If we lived in England, there would be activities and such. Alas, there are not so many here. All we have is blogs in honor of Roald. If Stacy had a blog, she would do a simliar post, since she also has a love affair with Roald as well. Ditto Brittini.
Roald wrote many books, including Danny the Champion of the World, Charlie and the Choclate Factory/Great Glass Elevator, Matilda, The Fantastic Mr. Fox, and many others.
He also wrote adult short stories, which are just so fantastic.
If you haven't read enough Roald in your time (and let's face it, you haven't) I have basically every word he ever wrote in my bookshelves. Time to borrow one of his books!
To learn more about him (and I think you should), click HERE.

3 comments:

Seth said...

I have read most of his books and I love them too! I think they are much better than the movies made after them. Matilda is my favorite! miss trunchbull cracks me up!

Ashcraft Family said...

Matilda was my favorite at one time. Now I think I vote on Danny.

The Campbells... said...

Here's to Roald Dahl! He's one of my faves too!!! Absolutely love his books...though I don't know which one I'd call my favorite.... :)