Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I turned 23! =) I feel sort of old, but I guess it is a good age. Someone at work asked me how old I was and I said 23 and they said "Oh, yeah, that is what I say on my birthday too." So, I guess it can't be that bad..... Haha, just kidding.

My birthday started on Friday at work, where the girls threw me a little surprise party. We had my favorite beans and torta, as well as a yummy pink cake. Pictures to follow when I get them from Gilbert.

On Saturday morning, I woke up after an extremely relaxing night's sleep, to realize that I hadn't woken up in the middle of the night. No, Charlie didn't give me a full night's sleep. Greg did! He woke up with Charlie so I got to sleep in and felt very rested. Then he brought me my presents. He couldn't think of one "big" present for me, so he got me a bunch of smaller things - books, movies, and CDs!! I am totally set for all my media for the next year! =)

Then we went to Grandma H's for the BYU game. They gave me another shutout - 44-0 against Wyoming! And Grandma made me the most delicious grilled cheese sandwich ever.

Then, we went to the mall to spend some of my gift card to Express from Pat. I LOVE Express. She is a champion gift giver. =)

Then, to the Corvette Diner, where they didn't decorate my hair, but we still had lots of fun.


Charlie is also getting a tooth for my birthday. It is finally at the stage that I can actually see and feel it (not yet at the photograph-able point though) so I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

It was a great birthday. And more to come, because there is a family dinner/chocolate cheesecake coordinated by Stacy and Grandma after church today. Hooray for birthdays!!

7 comments:

Stacy Lawrence said...

what a tender little morsel. are those LEVIS?!?!?!?!?!?!? sound the trumpets of cool due to charlie wearing levi's.

Kayla said...

you were at Corvette Diner last night? I was right next door at Bombay for dinner. We almost had a run-in!

jsmithfamily said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel. When I was talking to you today I knew there was something I was forgetting. Since I do the RS calendar I get to see when everyones birthday is. Sorry. Happy Belated Birthday!

Austin and Jennifer Jensen said...

Yay! I am so glad that you had a wonderful birthday!!! I can't wait to hear all about it and the yummy cake(s) :)

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I hope that you had a great birthday. Sounds like you did a lot of fun things this weekend.

Bryn said...

Happy Birthday! (late!) 23 is awesome!! looks like you had a good time! We are lucky to have you in our ward!!!!

Bryn said...

Happy Birthday! (late!) 23 is awesome!! looks like you had a good time! We are lucky to have you in our ward!!!!