Monday, June 30, 2008

New Calling

For anyone who is less familiar with the lingo in our church, a "calling" is what we call the various jobs that are done in the church, i.e. Sunday School teacher, etc. The leaders ask various church members to do the various jobs that need to be done. Anyone who has kept up on the blog knows that Greg's is the Scoutmaster and mine was the choir director. Sunday I got a new one. I am second counselor in the Young Women Program, so I will be working with the 12 and 13 year old girls.

I am excited. But scared. And it is making me feel old. When I was 12 and 13, I thought my YW leaders were old. Now I am the old one.

3 comments:

Bryn said...

Hey! I found you! Congrats on the calling, it will be so much fun and you will be great! The girls will love you. Watch out... Allie goes in next year! I am excited for you.

Tera said...

Hi Rachel (this is Tera - Charity's sister). You'll love your new calling. I've been serving with the young women for a few years now, and I love it!

Kristin said...

You'll love it! I love being with the girls. I couldn't have been called to a better calling. I dread the day I am released :( Hopefully that won't be for a while since I've only been in there since March. But, ya, you will LOVE it and you will be great.