Saturday, May 24, 2008

Variety Show

On Friday night, we went to Murrieta Valley High School's Variety Show. Spencer was in two numbers; the first one was "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.
The picture quality isn't perfect because Spencer was far away and we had to zoom to 16x, but there he is, being a waiter, I guess.
His little dance (the variety show numbers are choreographed) was completely precious. We are going to try and get him to do it for us again so we can get post it on You Tube and make him famous. We couldn't get a picture of him singing "Joyful Joyful" from Sister Act 2 because he hid way in the back behind a bunch of other students, but here he is in his costume. Spencer is very fond of the short shorts.
Selina joined us; here are Selina and I remembering the olden days.
Selina and her number one man.
We really had fun and Charlie did not make a PEEP of sound. What a good boy! Our favorite song was one that a couple of students wrote. Wow!
Stacy and I got to go up on the stage for the last number with the Chamber Choir (every year the last song is "Kiss Him Goodbye" and they have the Chamber Alum join in) but we were standing in the back, so no pictures survive. I was the oldest one there (on stage), which was slightly stressful. No one else was from my graduating class either. Am I getting old?! Greg always says "We aren't old, we just live old lives." Haha.
We got to visit with Mr. Byun, the former choir teacher, for a few minutes, which was really fun. He taught Ken, me, and Stacy in his years in Murrieta, Ken and I had his wife for English, and Stacy and I both have babysat for him many times, so it was great to visit. MVHS Choir really misses him!

1 comment:

Sel said...

I need you to email me the two photos. Stat.
Presh. On both counts.