Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

This was a fun week for us because we had lots of fun activites! Here are some favorites:


Charlie hanging out with his stuffed animals. Greg stuck him in there and he looked so cute, so I had to take a picture.

Kisses for daddy!
Aunt Stacy turned the big 2-0 on the 21st!!! No longer a teenager! We went to Murrieta and celebrated with her. Here is Charlie greeting her at work that morning.
We went to a Japanese restaurant, which was so fun. They make the food right in front of you and do the whole show with tossing things in the air and setting them on fire and such. Then they brought out some birthday fruit and sang in Japanese!
Stacy and Scott at lunch.
Charlie turned a month old on Saturday! He celebrated by wowing his parents with a new trick!! ROLLING OVER. I happen to think he is a complete genius for rolling over at four weeks old, but I guess I am his mother....

He doesn't know he is rolling over really, because when he gets on his back he gets M-A-D. He loves being on his tummy, and he isn't so fond of the back except when he is asleep. So, he does the rolling but then we have to roll him back over. Then he goes again. It is one big cycle of him rolling and then yelling until mommy flips him back over!



Starting out happy as a clam on his tummy....

Decides to make his move...

And there you have it folks! An infant on his back! Ha ha.

Charlie is EXTREMELY active. The rolling was one example, but another one is that he sits on the blanket and kicks his legs the whole time. It looks like crawling! We need to get a video up of it because it is very funny, but our video camera is dead and we can't find the plug currently. We will get a video up of him soon.

Happy Easter!! We had two musical numbers at church, the ward choir and a youth choir. I was only in charge of the ward choir, but when we arrived on Sunday, the YW President told me that the director of the youth choir had the flu and asked me to step in. Both numbers went great!! The meeting was wonderful, of course. Easter is such a great holiday! After church, we went to Grandma Mackey's on Easter Sunday, which is the family tradition. It was fun to visit with everyone!


Charlie in heaven, being held by Uncle Wesley. Charlie has great uncles. He hasn't met Ken yet, but he loves being held by Wes and Spencer both.Our happy family!!


Since I never have any pictures of me and the baby (I usually take the pictures) I will post this one up. I just adore Charlie. When he is alert in the mornings, we just sit on the couch and stare at each other for an hour or so. It is so fun being his mommy!!


He is still a very good baby. Apparently, a baby's recreational crying (or when they cry for no real reason like hunger) starts at about 2 weeks and peaks at 6 weeks. So, he is at 4 weeks and crying a little bit more, but he is still very easy to calm down. He is taking the pacifier really well and still eating like a little piglet. Last night he spent most of the night happy in his swing, so that made mommy VERY happy! I wish there were a swing in each room though. I like to be in the room with him, but the swing isn't very mobile though. I woke Greg up in the middle of the night last night dragging it into our bedroom and hitting all the walls. Ooops!

Anyway, I should use the rest of Charlie's naptime to get some chores done. We wanted to send a quick "Happy Anniversary" to Ken and Tristen though! Three years!

3 comments:

Tris & Ken said...

You're right! He's a complete genius to be rolling over at 4 weeks! That has to be some sort of record... he was JUST BORN!! I can't believe how quickly they grow! He's so adorable! And thanks for the anniversary wishes... today's the big day and it's crazy that we've been married for 3 years... but it's even more crazy that we've only been married for 3 years. Feels like forever! I guess it IS forever!

Seth and Lacey said...

Rachel your baby boy is beautiful---I love the picture of him in the easter basket--way too cute!

Kirsten said...

Rachel - I showed my mom your blog, and her and I agree that Charlie is the cutest baby ever :)